American author Napoleon Hill wrote, “… I followed the habit of reshaping my own character, by trying to imitate the nine men whose lives and life-works had been most impressive to me.”
Here are your cabinet members:
- Janelle Monae
- Jesse Eisenberg’s Mark Zuckerberg
- Kobe Bryant
- Adrian Monk
- Heath Ledger’s Joker
- 50 Cent
- Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds
- Max B
- Shawn Spencer from Psych
- Sean Parker (the real one and Justin Timberlake’s version)
- Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory
- Ms. Monae, I desire to acquire from you your fearlessness, your creativity, your “weirdness,” your individuality and your imagination. I fell in love with you when I seen Tightrope. You are the ONLY woman I will marry.
- Eisenberg‘s Zuckerberg, I request that you pass on to me your over-ambitiousness that is on full-display in The Social Network which I seen in theaters 3 consecutive Saturdays. Saved the ticket stubs. Watched the trailer innumerable times. Bought the book the movie was based on, The Accidental Billionaires. Purchased the soundtrack. Pre-ordered the collector’s edition DVD. All of which I keep in a safe.
- Kobe, I respect your mind more than your basketball skills. I’m actually excited to see what you will do after retirement. I desire to acquire your mental toughness, your calmness in pressure situations and competitive edge. After you won your first championship, instead of being satisfied, you spent the whole summer getting better. I want your passion.
- Monk, I wish to learn from you how to turn my OCD into a gift instead of a curse. Also, I want you to help with my photographic memory. You are just an inspiration. You are … my favorite television character of all time.
- Ledger‘s Joker, I wish to acquire from you your foresight, your chess-like thinking, your genius level of planning, knowledge of human behavior and unique view of the world. What was the most impressive to me about you in The Dark Knight was your ability to ALWAYS stay 12 steps ahead of Batman.
- 50, I have been a fan of yours since late 2002. I desire to acquire from you your aggressiveness, your detachment ability and your application of The 48 Laws of Power.
- Reid, I wish to acquire your autodidacticism, eidetic memory, your speed reading ability, and your lack of talent when it comes to talking to females. I love Criminal Minds.
- Max, every time I’m stressed, depressed, frustrated and need to get in the mood I listen to you. You put so much pain and passion in your music. I wish to acquire from you your charisma and attitude.
- Shawn, I request you to pass on your extraordinary powers of observation, your eidetic memory, your deduction, your sense of humor, your child-like imagination and playfulness. Psych is one of my favorite shows, man.
- Sean, The Social Network started my interest in you. I request you pass on to me your opportunity-seeing-eye, your autodidacticism, your networking abilities, your serial entrepreneurial spirit and your intensity for ideas.
- Sheldon, The Big Bang Theory is one of my favorite shows. I desire to possess your eidetic memory, your overtly intellectual personality and disinterest in romantic relationships.
Now your method of addressing the members of your cabinet will vary, according to the traits of character you are, for the moment, most interested in acquiring. The purpose in this is to rebuild your own character so it would represent a composite of the characters of your imaginary counselors.